National College of Music Society
Aims and Objectives of the Society
- To widen the influence of The National College of Music wherever and whenever possible.
- To promote and encourage the preparation of candidates for NCM examinations.
- To uphold the long traditions of high musical and academical standards.
- To ensure that members are aware of current College activities and matters of interest.
- To provide members with an opportunity to support financially by making a small annual subscription – these monies to be used to defray the cost of special events, awards, periodic newsletter and other similar ventures.
Advantages for Members
- You are permitted to purchase writing paper and matching envelopes bearing the NCM ‘flagship’ logo. This offer is available only to Society members. The package includes 100 letter headings with your name and address, and the College logo; 100 envelopes with logo; and 50 plain letter heads with logo – at a special price. Please enquire.
- You will receive a regular copy of our periodic newsletter and may, should you wish, suggest items of news. Or you may wish to advertise, say, a musical instrument for sale; or for us to publish details of a concert or other event, or advertise for a copy of music now out of print, and so on.
- Members are encouraged to participate in formulating National College policy and decision-making by responding to items in newsletters or by contacting the General Secretary or local Representative at any time.
- Badges will be available to all members, providing there is sufficient interest to warrant a special order on our suppliers.
- Members may, through suggestion and proposal, participate in the planning and organisation of special events; for example, some members were involved in the planning of our centenary celebrations early in 1994.
Advantages for the College
- We have a host of loyal teachers and other supporters throughout this country and overseas. The NCM benefits by ‘harnessing’ this loyalty, thus providing a more cohesive avenue of support.
- We benefit from the vast expertise and experience which members bring with them.
- Society membership enables us to establish a mailing list which in turn ensures that you are kept informed of NCM activities and developments.
We benefit from the annual subscription of £10.00 which is used solely to help finance special events and associated activities.
Membership is open to all – you need not be a teacher or examiner; you do not need to hold a diploma or even be a musician. If you feel that you would like to support the College and uphold the Society’s aims then you are very welcome to join.